In the frame of the initiative ‘’Support to Civil Society Organisations for the Implementation of Capacity Building Actions to Increase Policy Dialogue and Awareness on European Integration Process’’ funded by the European Union and implemented by the Ministry of Finance and Economy, Streha centre in collaboration with ‘’United for LGBT Cause (PRO LGBT)’’ are implementing the project ‘’I Choose European Union’’. As part of the activities of this project we are seeking for a consultant that will conduct a research in the field of EU integration with the main target assessing and exploring the perceptions of marginalized communities and CSOs working in the field of EU integration.
The goal of the project ‘’I Choose European Union’’ is to defend democracy and human rights values through increasing the knowledge of the impact that European integration process will have on the Albanian society. The three pillars of the intervention of this project are: a) raising public awareness and understanding among marginalized groups on EU integration, b) building stronger CSOs with increased resources and efficiency to develop and implement cohesive and sustainable projects aimed at improving the acceptance of and respect for the rights of the different social groups, c) encourage the debate on EU integration process: costs, challenges and benefits.
Tasks to be performed by the Researcher
- The Researcher will draft a study report based on the analysis of the qualitative and quantitative data collected during the study.
Responsibilities of the Researcher
- The researcher will prepare a questionnaire to assess the perception of marginalized communities on EU integration.
- The researcher will prepare a semi-structured interview to explore perception of CSOs on EU integration.
- The researcher will analyze quantitative and qualitative data deriving from the collection of questionnaires and interviews.
- After analyzing the data collected, in collaboration with the legal expert will draft the report of the study with its major sections, including introduction, literature review, methodology, results, discussions, conclusions, recommendations etc.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualification s
- Excellent knowledge on EU integration for Western Balkans.
- Excellent research skills, including drafting tools on collecting data, analyzing qualitative and quantitative data and drawing meaningful insights from data analysis.
- Excellent knowledge on challenges faced by marginalized groups in Albania.
- Excellent writing skills in Albanian and English.
- Previous proven experience on conducting researches, preferably on EU integration.
- Post university studies.
Indicative assignment date: March 2019 – June 2019.
Submission of application
Interested candidates should present: (i) a letter of interest; (ii) professional CV in English; and (iii) financial offer.
Working days should not exceed 30 days.
Submission of application should be done by close of business day, 25th of March 2019.
Please submit your applications to: [email protected]
For more information please click here